Wednesday, August 29, 2012

isearch worksheet


What do you want to write about?  Education/Teaching
What do you want to find out about your topic?  How has teaching changed since I was in school and where is it heading.  Is teaching really what I want to do.

What are your questions about the topic?
1.  What’s taught in schools now that wasn’t taught when I was in school?
2. What is No Child Left Behind and its role in education?
3.  How big a part does technology play in education now?
4.  What skills will children need to learn in order to function in today’s society?

Subquestions?
1. How has No Child Left Behind changed teachers and teaching.
2. What are the best methods for teaching with today’s technologies?
3.  How do teachers today keep their students interested and motivated to learn?

How does the topic connect to your life?  Don't say 'curious' or 'interesting.'  Or don't stop there anyway...

I plan on becoming a teacher so learning about these things are important since it’s my career of choice.  Also my mother, as well as many other relatives and family friends, are teachers and I’m amazed at their knowledge and skill. They have such an influence on their students and have inspired me to follow in their steps.

Give three reasons you like the topic
1.  It’s information I should know if I’m going to become a teacher when I grow up.
2.  I want to be well prepared for the changes that will be expected of me
3.  So many people in my life that I love and admire are teachers.

Give three ways your life might change if you answer your questions
1.  It can help determine how far I want to go with my education
2.  It may help me decide what grade level and subject I want to teach
3. It may help decide if I’ll even want to be a teacher after learning the answers to my questions.

3 comments:

  1. This could work as a topic with more focused questions--I'd steer away from the pure researchy ones, especially #1 and focus on teaching and students. How about a further list of questions--nothing you do for the isearch will be more important than strong questions, and the more you can break big questions into smaller ones ( 2 & 3 here are big), the easier the research becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm continuing to think of questions that will make this more about me and less about research. I have a vision of using questions that can only be answered by real life teachers. I have a fear that it will become more of an opinion/perspective. Would that be acceptable? I'm hoping i can get some different views once I figure out some good questions to ask. This is when my brainstorming is really going to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking to real teachers for their opinions and experience would definitely be real research. Opinion is fine as long as it's clearly understood to be opinion and as long as one tries to explore dissenting opinion too.

    ReplyDelete