Thursday, December 13, 2012

GRAF #20


      I recently took the time to sit back and look at the work I had done over this semester.  When the course first started my mind was full of creativity and stories of myself that I intended to share, but it had been years since I had even attempted to put one sentence down on paper.  My nerves were getting the best of me.  I was over thinking, and under writing.  As the course went on I grew faith in myself.  The scattered mess that had been in my brain for the past six years was finally bursting out of my fingertips.   Though I think I still need some work on my English skills, I’ve noticed an improvement in myself over the past three months.  I’ve noticed a better flow in my writing.  I know it isn’t perfect, but I feel more like a vinyl record with a few static spots, rather than a CD that skips in every song. I’ve succeeded the standards I held for myself.  The comments you (John Goldfine) provided on each paper gave me the strength to know my work is worthy of sharing.  I will continue to take the techniques I’ve learned and use them throughout the rest of my schooling.  I will let my hands blabber about until my mind catches something they drop.  I’ve truly enjoyed this course, I’ve truly enjoyed your feedback, and I truly wish this was the only class I had to take for the next 4 years.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely--first your hands blabber and then eventually they get signals about what to blabber about. That's the way I work.

    ReplyDelete