Thursday, October 4, 2012

Classification In and Outros Revised

INTRO
Most bartenders would expect to see many different types of people. They can usually see customers that are different races, different ages. Some that have tattoos and piercings. Others that are a bit plain looking. Some might look like bitches, or assholes. Some of course are. There's a complete variety out there. When it comes to where I bar-tend, it's a complete turn around. When I'm standing behind the bar, I see the same three types day in and day out. I see cougars, pigs, and domestic house cats. All around similar ages even. All with their own agenda.

OUTRO
I'll admit that once in a blue moon we will get some out-of-towners that fall out of these categories. Occasionally I get to see the well groomed man with manners. A hard working woman who's agenda is still work even if she is trying to relax with a drink. Groups of families gathering for a reunion and ready to raise a little hell. For me, it's nice to see a different type and get a break from the regulars. No matter what though, all these people are what make my job enjoyable. Rather I like it or not each one has become a part of my life.

3 comments:

  1. I like that outro fine--it gives us a quick overview of the outliers.

    But the intro still does not really introduce the writer and her authority to be writing the piece and does not introduce the where and the what--big city bar in Los Angeles? Country roadhouse in Appalachia? Juke joint in Mississippi? Hole in the wall workmen's bar across from the slaughterhouse?

    I'm writing more trying to squeeze info out of you than you're writing trying to hold it back!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking into a bar you can usually see all kinds of people. Sports fans, artists, teachers, tall people, short people, black, white, Hispanic, shy people, loud and obnoxious people. When it comes to where I bartend I don't have the pleasure of meeting such a variety. Except for loud and obnoxious, there's plenty of that. My bar sits in a small “mill town” where boys grow up to drive skidders, and forget about hygiene, while the woman are mainly there for breeding. My bar is 1 out of 2 in the town, and it's in 1 of the 3 Chinese restaurants within a 1 mile radius. When I'm standing behind my bar waiting for the next customer to approach I already know what kind of people I am going to see. The woman are cougars, the men are pigs, and the couples that walk in can be compared to a house cat. All are around the same age, (to be nice I'll simply say they are older than me), and each group has their own agenda.

    better??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! That's the intro! YOu know it too, don't you?

    ReplyDelete