Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cause Essay Intros

    Intro 1
I never knew it was possible to connect with someone so easily and quick. It was two and a half years ago now, but I remember him walking through the doors of my house. My first thought was “Who is this scrawny kid with the glasses and why is he in my house!?” Within the first hour he became my friend, and by the end of the night he became my husband.

Intro 2 
I never thought I would utter the words “we're getting married” Then again, I didn't mean it so literal. My boyfriend is someone who means the world to me. From the day we met I labeled him my husband. For some reason he plays along and calls me his wife. Our relationship bloomed from strangers to friends to an incredible relationship within one night.

Combination of 1 and 2 creating intro 3
I never thought I would utter the words “we're getting married” Then again, I didn't mean it so literal. It was two and a half years ago now, but I remember it as if it was yesterday.  From the day we met I labeled him my husband. For some reason he plays along and calls me his wife.  Our relationship bloomed from strangers to friends to an incredible relationship within one night.


1 comment:

  1. I don't see this setting up yet as offering reasons exactly--more like a process of how it happened--not why it happened.

    I think we need a stronger hook too, some detail, some scene-setting, maybe dialogue.

    ReplyDelete