Monday, September 17, 2012

GRAF #11 [research history]


The pain was excruciating! All I did was cough and I was on my knees, hunched over the couch, and tears pouring from my eyes. I had managed to throw my back out. I was 22 at the time. I didn't know that someone my age could even have this kind of problem. It took me 30 minutes to crawl from the couch to the bedroom which was only a mere 5 feet away. With each inch forward the pain spiked. I didn’t know what had happened, I didn't know how to fix it. I was in a panic. I learned the hard way that my bed had no back support, Flexeril is a mighty good relaxant (though it gave me weird dreams), and the cortisone shot was my best friend. Finally after five days of torture I could walk again. To this day I still have pain, and luckily it can be fixed with a few ibuprofen. I also know to rest on a flat surface before it gets too bad.

1 comment:

  1. So, you researched sensibly by getting medical help and taking the recommended medicines?

    ReplyDelete