Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Graf #12 [Revised Place]



Every year on memorial weekend I take that ride down the dirt road. The grass is turning to a bright healthy green and the trees are full after a harsh winters strip. The second I open my car door and step out I take a deep breathe and smile. That first moment is always what I remember most. It's like there's diamonds floating on top of the water. The sun beams down from the east. The sky a bright blue with a few cotton ball clouds. The water is calm with only the reflection of trees to be seen. The sound of loon calls echo across the lake. The air is crisp and fresh. I look forward to this every year. It's like my own little sanctuary. There's no worries, no cares. For 3 months of the year, this is my home, and every year I wish It would never end. Unfortunately, once the first day of September hits, we lock the doors, and I wait impatiently for the next year when I can reopen, and experience the serenity again.

1 comment:

  1. Sure, absolutely, a complete graf with beginning, middle, end.

    ReplyDelete